Appointments at Weymouth Street Paediatric Dental Care
33 Weymouth Street, London W1G 7BY
[email protected] | 020 7580 5370
For routine appointments, our phone lines are now open Monday to Friday 8.30 am-5 pm. Please feel free to call and arrange a dental appointment.
We are pleased to announce that our specialist paediatric practice has now re-opened. In doing so, we are still adhering to the most recent guidelines of all of UK’s regulatory bodies; and our staff here have worked extremely hard indeed to ensure that the safety of our patients, their families, and our own hard-working team remains our main objective. We would be grateful if you could read all of the following carefully and take everything into consideration.
When we re-open, things will not be the same, and new measures and protocols would mean a different working pattern for the practice for the foreseeable future. Just some of these measures are:
• Even more stringent and rigorous cross infection control measures in every aspect of our systems.
• Use of appropriate PPE by the clinical team. Please discuss this with your younger children.
• Longer intervals between appointments to allow exhaustive disinfection and sterilisation procedures, a change of surgery air, and no or minimal physical proximity with other people.
• Risk assessment routines to ensure that vulnerable visitors are not put in danger, and also that the health of our own team is protected. This could mean that we may not be able to permit some people into the building.
• Your temperature may be taken upon entering the building.
• Accompanying persons and guardians of older children will be asked to wait outside the building. Only those patients with their appointment imminent will be allowed into the building.
• We would ask the patient to head straight to the treatment room, and upon completion of treatment to leave the building as quickly as possible without using the facilities.
• Other cross infection control and social distancing strategies in our waiting areas.
• Anyone without an appointment will not be admitted into the building.
• There will be less flexibility with appointments because of the new way we have to organise our clinical diaries due to the new clinical guidelines, and due to physical and temporal separation requirements.
• We will avoid non-essential treatments that produce dust, aerosol or droplets.
• Verbal advice and payments will be carried out only over the telephone or via remote digital communication means.
This new way of seeing patients is aimed at protecting the health of all concerned; but the new protocols would inevitably mean that we will not be able to see as many patients per day as we did previously, thus drastically reducing our capacity and protracting the whole journey back to normal. This all depends on manpower of course, and all the team remaining healthy and able to attend work – and on ongoing official advice of the authorities.
So far, we have been ‘open’ principally for telephone triage and advice, and remote consultation and prescriptions only. The new normal is going to be a very difficult and arduous balancing act, no doubt testing the patience of some of patients or their guardians, because the mandatory restrictions and limits on patient numbers would mean that we will not be able to get through our huge backlog of cases (i.e. ALL our patients!) at an optimal pace. At this challenging time, we thank you for your patience and understanding; apologise in advance for any inconvenience, and ask that you kindly respect our clinical decision-making and cooperate and remain flexible when it comes to reinstating your appointments. We will do our best and see as many patients as is safe each day.
For routine appointments, you can now contact the practice. Please do not attend the practice if you think you are in a vulnerable health category; or you have an active Coronavirus infection; or have recently come into contact with someone who has had or may have had Covid-19.
We wish you the very best of health and look forward to seeing all our patients as soon as possible. We can’t wait to get back to work!
33 Weymouth Street, London, W1G 7BY